Monday 19 November 2012

The Waiting Game

After deciding that the time is right to get the woodland, I've spent many happy hours pouring over Google Earth. There are many places in Britain with lots and lots of trees, so now I have to decide whether to

A)  set my sights on a particular area and actively look or

B)  just wait until we have the funding in place and hope the right woodland turns up.

I can see the pros and cons of both A and B and, if I decide on B, will I be able to resist the temptation to scour the property markets until then? However if I plump for A, how depressed will I get if the perfect one turns up and I don't have the funds available.

Initially I wanted to stay in my local area, as I'm a sturdy northern lass bred from Lancashire and Yorkshire mining stock and I do actually like the area but if I want to make this a reality then I've got to be prepared to move elsewhere. My bloke lives in South Wales, which means I drive mainly along the Wales/England border when I'm visiting him. I have to say that the more I see of Wales the more it appeals to me, not least because the planning laws are far more sensible than in England.

I'll have to play the waiting game I suppose, waiting until I've got the funding at least. My ideas for that will be covered in my next post (probably) and the legalities of planning laws in a subsequent one.

Feels good getting my ideas down on this blog, rather than having them floating around in my grey matter. Each word I type makes me feel that I'm a little closer to the day I can cast off the trappings of urban life and start to live the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment