Tuesday 20 November 2012

What Welshy & I will be doing in the Woodland

As the majority of people who read this blog will not know me, I thought it best to let you see the sort of things Welshy and I will be doing in the woodland.

Welshy is a man of enormous talent, where as I'm an enthusiastic amateur at best. We both like playing around with wood and here are some of the things we've done in the past, of course with an endless supply of material from the woodland, our productivity will hopefully increase.


Here's Welshy with his solar powered pyrography kit in action

and here are some of his wood burning creations






























































We also have a micro-lathe, which can be powered by the solar panel. Off-grid living will not stop our creativity.

Welshy making a Bodhran beater
Below are some of the things we've made on the micro-lathe.














We both started working with wood after an afternoon at a festival with the whittling knives and here is a little selection of what we've made.













So there you have it folks, this is why we NEED a woodland. What could be better than to spend your days making the wood shavings fly. Some of the stuff pictured is available to buy, so if you're interested, drop me a line.

5 comments:

  1. I love it, I love your dream and wish you all the luck in the world. I'm forever inspired by Welshy's work. I love pyrography and he's a Master Craftsman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, Welshy thinks your work is stunning too :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words Michelle !

      Delete
  2. Just realised I actually have a Welshy Tree of Life fob. I bought it a few years ago. Beautiful & unmistakable.

    By the way, I gather 'the native Americans' (a term that covers most of a continent!) say if you own an acre if land you also own an acre of sky. Not sure it's technically true anymore ... But I pretend it is. :-)

    Good manifesting with your woodland. It's out there somewhere awaiting you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it's a small world eh Sally ? I hope the key fob is holding up to the rigors of use and you're still as happy with it now as you were when you first received it !

      Delete